Every year, the Prix de Lausanne puts this relatively quiet Swiss town on Lake Geneva on the map for all balletomanes â€“ right in the middle of their universe to be exact. In case you couldn’t follow all the action this year, do not worry! There is plenty of awesome content available to relive this 41stÂ edition of the Prix. Here are our top picks:
- Missed the finals? No worries: they are now available on the Prix’s YouTube channelÂ for inspiration until it is time for the 42nd Prix de Lausanne in 2014
- Videoblog Â - these popular video diariesÂ featured 3 finalists as regulars this year! Way to go for the tirelessÂ production team Igokat, who clocked in countless hours in the editing room
- We posted our favourite Pickâ€™nâ€™Mix Pics and a daily selection of photos to the Prix de Lausanne’s FB page.
- This Prix edition included some already familiar faces: Miko Fogarty (who featured Â in the documentary First Position) and – as usual – a high profile Jury including Tamara Rojo, Li Cunxin and Tetsuya Kumakawa amongst others.
- Search #Instaballet to find uploads via the Prix de Lausanne Instagram featuring photos by Gregory Batardon. He caught some beautiful moments in the wings, most notably this stunning portrait of Aussie candidate Emily Seymour.
- Photographer Marina Kleinwort also captured much of the excitement from behind the scenes at the Prix on her Instagram- Check out thisÂ eyelash extravaganza shot!
- In the series Faces of the Prix, we talked to candidates about their experiences at the competition: meetÂ Isabelle BrouwersÂ (this year’sÂ sole German candidate), Tigran Sargsyan of Armenia, finalist Leticia Domingues and fellow team Brazil member Juliana Paiva.
- Artistic committee member and avid Twitter user, Jason Beechey spoke with us about the importance of social media and seizing opportunities in dance. (Stay tuned for more on the Prix Pre-Selections in Germany in the fall!)
- Keep re-pinning photos from the Prix’s Pinterest and check out this great board, appropriately named Dancers are the Athletes of God by user Urban Korenjak
- Check the official Prix de Lausanne Tumblr for more content, including quotes from the Daily Dance Dialogues series of talks and backstage scoop on Prize Winners Adhonay Silva and Joel Woellner.
Glad you found it useful Romy
Love how you put all the links together in one post. Easy to access what I want to view.