Every year, during the month of March, the internet goes mad for bracketology (if you’re unfamiliar with this meme, the so-called March Madness originated from the US Basketball Division I Championships).
We have been meaning to introduce a ballet-inspired bracket for a while, just for the fun of it. So here we go, before we officially reach the end of the month. We ask you to please join in this trial run, so that we can develop bigger and more complex balletic brackets in the future!
Before we play, we would like to stress that:
1) This list is non-exhaustive (so feel free to leave additional suggestions of dancers in the comments, and we will add them to further brackets)
2) All of the dancers featured here have proven themselves in each of these roles, they have also proven to be major influences for future ballerina generations, and we love them all.
3) The aim of this bracket is to find out which dancers you, dear readers, find particularly compelling in 2017 in each of these iconic ballet roles.
How to play:
We’re currently taking votes for Round 1
- In each bracket – Aurora, Kitri, Odette, Odile – you will find two sections with four ballerinas each (click on image above to zoom in)
- Which one is your favorite from each of these eight sections? Let us know in the comments below, or via any of our social media channels.
- Do share this post with your friends, ask them to vote too.
- The Auroras, Kitris, Odettes and Odiles with the most votes get through to the next round.
We will keep updating this post as we progress to the next rounds.