If you have landed here after dropping by our About Us page, you already know we think BALLET ROCKS! If you are intrigued by this art form, havingÂ discovered it by browsing YouTube, watching it on TV, cinema and/or live and want to know more, feel free to try these Ballet Bag samplers:
- Busting down Ballet Myths
- Are all Ballerinas Graceful?
- How to understand the concept of “Musicality”
- The Anatomy of a Pointe Shoe
- A Balletic Timeline
Going to the Ballet
- Purchasing Ballet Tickets
- Preparing for an Evening at the Ballet
- What to Wear at the Ballet
- How to Decode Balletic Mime
- Ballet Behind the Curtain: Royal Ballet Masterclasses
Ballet Goes Web 2.0
- What can Social Media do for Ballet?
- Ballet on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr & cia
- An analysis of Ballet and Twitter (based on a recent NYTimes article)
- Why should ballet companies and dancers tweet about ballet?
- Bag of Ballets: fact cards, contexts, synopses and plenty of pictures
- Bag of Steps: understanding ballet terminology; fancy French words for turns, jumps and various steps broken down with photo/video examples.
- Bag of Profiles and Interviews: Q&As and capsule biographies ofÂ dancers, choreographers and specific companies.
The Ballet Bag is continuously updated. If you want to suggest a feature or there’s a ballet topic you’d like more information on feel free to contact us by email , Facebook or Twitter.
You can also SUBSCRIBE via RSS (here is a very useful guide if you’re new to RSS) or via email to get ballet goodies directly in your inbox.
We hope you enjoy browsing the bag,